CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why?

Some of you may be wondering why I've chosen to do this type of blog. Why not just use PortlandCitySearch.com? There are a few reasons, one of which became very apparent to me earlier this year.

I belonged to a business that received a very poor (one star) review by a client on PortlandCitySearch.com. This site allows a user to leave a starred rating (one being poor, five being great), as well as a written comment. Unfortunately for the business, it was the ONLY review, and therefore gave them a low overall rating. The client's chief complaint was about the manager/owner degrading her "employees" in the clients presence, when the "employees" were taking care of the client to her satisfaction.

Instead of the business owner asking future clients to post their experiences on Portland City Search (the ethical thing to do) she asked her friends and "employees" to post positive experiences to falsely boost her rating. This got me to thinking...what's stopping other businesses from doing the same thing????

So, what am I looking for? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE comment on my reviews; good or bad! Just because I have had a bad experience, doesn't mean that one of you hasn't had an equally good experience, and vice versa.

There it is...the Why...I look forward to your future comments! :)

1 comments:

Just Me said...

Good point! I often check the reviews and then make a decision on where to buy, eat,vacation and so on. I have often wondered if some of the reviews were inflated by the owners themselves.